About Me

My photo
A Supply chain/Customer service Annalyst , fun to be with, compassionate and intelligent.i love to inspire and motivate people and i am passionate about counselling.

Monday 27 February 2012

WHO IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON TO YOU IN THE WORLD?


The most important person to me in the world would have to be myself. And for a number of reasons too.

Firstly, I’m the only person I know that I will be with for my entire life from start to finish. This time is important, and I know that if I’m unable to treat myself properly and respectfully during this time, there is no way I will be able to do the same for others. My friends, family and acquaintances will not benefit from my friendship if I am
unable to take care of myself properly.

Another reason is that I myself am the only person who can shape my own future and everything I will become. Being the most important person in my own life is how I’ve reached the point of my life I am at now. Happy, positive, loving and with a great sense of freedom. And acknowledging this has been very important too. If anything in my life makes me sad or depressed, I know that essentially I myself am the only one responsible for that. Even during times of a loved one passing, although it’s fine to mourn, I believe it’s still important to stay strong, be positive and not let that event affect me in any negative way. Show gratitude for those who have passed and for their achievements, but never letting that get in the way of living my own life.




I also believe that being the most important person in my life is essential in times of being rejected by others for whatever reason. No matter how important others who reject me may be, I will know that their opinions of me don’t really matter. I’m in control of my own destiny. But at the same time, if I’m offered constructive criticism on how I can do anything better in my life, of course I will accept that advice the best I can. If it helps me become a better person and make me aware any flaws I may have but may not be aware of myself, such advice can be a great help.

Being the most important person in my own life and doing whatever I can to take good care of myself I believe also places me in a better position to help others improve their own lives. If someone I know is facing a problem I have already overcome myself, I am then able to help them do the same from my own experiences.

There are probably many more reasons I can list, but these to me are the most important. There’s nothing wrong with loving yourself, and this has nothing to do with vanity. Sadly though, many people confuse the two and accuse those who they see as vain as ‘loving themselves’. Vanity is not a trait I possess. Of course if I were not the number one person in my own life, and instead chose to live my life to please others, I know I would not be happy.

Many people spend their lives putting other people first. Sometime back I too was in the same boat. But now I learned to love myself….because I think without loving ourselves we can’t offer it to anybody else. To love oneself is not to be selfish. To love oneself is to give others the gift of our best state. Through a voyage of self discovery I found that there could not be anyone else most important to me rather than myself. All my near and dear ones are very important to me.( Anonymous).

Who is the most important person to you?, i want to hear your view friends.


2 comments:

  1. i quite agree with 'ME' being the most important person in the world to me, let's face it, am saddled with wholesome responsibility of taking take of ME, MYSELF ND I. For this, i lov, adore, appreciate, celebrate and compensate myself for my well being...lol
    but, if i were to extend dis lov of mine to another being, i would say - Mama mia, dnt ask me y, but for reasons too numerous to unfold here, SHE DOES MEAN A LOT TO ME. Call me a mummy's boi; it only means i am representing 95% of most men, but this particular woman has a profound array of influence on my life, decision making and i am beginin to suspect, my future.....she's she's, i dnt know, she's my mum.
    The bond i share with her goes beyond the severance of the umbilical cord, its divine in its making and glorious in its existence, MY MUM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON TO ME IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

    jus for laffs.....i lov to cal her young woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks neeyeee for ur comment i'm sure ur mum would be so proud of u wherever she is.omo mummy lols

    ReplyDelete