About Me

My photo
A Supply chain/Customer service Annalyst , fun to be with, compassionate and intelligent.i love to inspire and motivate people and i am passionate about counselling.

Thursday 21 November 2019

PARENTING SERIES ......1

This morning as I was preparing my kids lunch for school, my 3years old son walked up to me and said mummy what are you giving us for lunch. I said noodles and boiled egg with a smile on my face, and he said please don't give me egg I want only the noodles, I knew he doesn't like boiled egg but I wanted to force him to eat it at all cost. So I said no I will put it in your food and you must eat it, then I said if you don't eat egg you won't grow tall like your brother Subomi🙂. He then said ok mummy put it in my noodles I will leave it in the school😲 and he walked away from the kitchen. His last sentence got me thinking and I started linking this to reality, I realized that most times there is always that particular thing we feel is best for our kids and we would want to use all means to get them to take or do it using the parent power, but then I realized that most times we end up making our children lie to us and live in pretense and they don't feel guilty about it just because we fail to use the right channel of communication or the best method to make them do what we want. So another thought came to my mind, and I realized the best way to ensure I make him get the right nutrients I want from egg varies, I could boil, fry or even break the egg into the noodles in as much he doesn't see a whole egg with yolk he will still eat it and I will be fulfilled. Let us all reflect on our parenting skills, there are areas we need to make adjustments, we should raise kids that won't be afraid to express how they feel without lieing and pretending, let us learn several other ways to make them understand the values and discipline we want to imbibe in them. It is very important to pray for wisdom and God's guidance but majority of the wisdom application lies in our hands. Parenting has nothing to do with age or status, you can be a full time mom and still lack parenting skills, even while chasing your career and trying to be a role model worthy of emulation, let us not forget our first call of duty over our children. I watched a video of 6 futa student today who ganged up to beat a jambite to stupor , all those student are trained by one parent and some of their parent might even be role models to others. I feel pained seeing alot happening this days with children especially teenagers, it's time we wake up to our duties as parent, may God empower us to help our children to live a Godly life and also build values and character in them which is worthy of emulation Amen. "Olabimpe"#mindfulparenting#.

No comments:

Post a Comment